Kit Form – Assembly Instructions
Follow the instructions for easy assembly
1. Lay your bench top section rear side down on a clean floor. Use some handy items to pack the two lower legs level with the floor and slide them into the trenches cut inside the bearer. *Fit round washers over two bolts and push them through the outside cross bars then through each leg. Attach another round washer to the protruding bolts followed by a nut. Do the bolts up tight.
*Note: If you have been supplied with cup head bolts please ensure you refit them into the square indentations seen on the outside of the side cross bars. That way you will get the most secure fitting. (Cup head bolts do not require a top washer).
2. Position middle section. Fit the shelf into the cut away part of the legs. Place round washers over two bolts and push them through the outside cross bars then through the legs. Attach another round washer to the protruding bolts followed by a nut. Do the bolts up tight.
3. For a neat finish fit the other legs in the same order.
(Detail of above)
4. If you ordered a vice, fit the outside section and wind inwards.
5. Stand bench up. Do a final tighten of all bolts. Use sand paper if necessary and oil the framework.
Troubleshooting: All benches are carefully checked for square and stability before leaving the factory. If your bench is unstable after assembly, please check the level of your floor.
The general purpose range of workbenches
The bench frame has been sanded down to 180 grit which brings about a very nice finish on jarrah. If you want to use a finer grit by all means do so.
Danish oil has been selected as the ideal oil for the job. You will be surprised at how hard it sets. Keep coating the end grain until it is fully saturated. Every application improves the look. If a small brush is not available for oiling around the bolts and washers a cotton bud will do the trick.
The frame can be given a quick wipe with a damp cloth before the first oiling to remove surface dust and slightly improve the finish. Let each coat on the frame dry before applying the next.
Refer to the finishing instruction sheet that is with the kit for the best results.